Participants will have a better understanding of Gentle Teaching approaches and this will enable them to have a better understanding of service user need and build effective professional relationships.
It will explore:
- What is gentle teaching?
- The values that underpin gentle teaching
- Where do our own values come from?
- Three main elements of gentle teaching
- How do we build relationships?
- Communication and behaviour
- Total communication techniques
- Putting the theory into practice
CARE CERTIFICATE In particular, aims to help meet the knowledge required to meet outcomes of standards: 5 & 6
FUNDAMENTAL STANDARDS (CQC) In particular the course will enable the provider to help staff from the service demonstrate training has taken place around: Regulations 9, 10 & 13
CARE ACT 2014 GUIDANCE More specifically enables providers and their staff to understand their duties under sections 1 & 10 of the Act (and their subsections)
MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 – this subject area is woven into presentation and discussion as required during course delivery.
Please note: As far as reasonably possible we have indicated the standards covered.