The day will look in detail at how adults with learning disabilities can be best supported in all aspects of their sexuality and sexual identity. The day will include discussion, group work and other learning activities.
It will look at:
- Human rights, learning disabilities & sex
- How we learn about relationships
- Basic knowledge of human sexuality
- How to support individuals in their personal relationships
- The effect that personal belief, culture and preferences have on personal relationships
- The conflicts that may occur in providing support with personal relationships
- The legislative framework that impacts upon this work
- Mental capacity and expression of sexuality
- Supporting adults with LD with sexual health issues
CARE CERTIFICATE In particular, aims to help meet the knowledge required to meet outcomes of standards: 3,4, 5 & 7
FUNDAMENTAL STANDARDS (CQC) In particular the course will enable the provider to help staff from the service demonstrate training has taken place around: Regulations 9, 10, 11 & 13
CARE ACT 2014 GUIDANCE More specifically enables providers and their staff to understand their duties under sections 1, 10 & 14 of the Act (and their subsections)
MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 – this subject area is woven into presentation and discussion as required during course delivery.
Please note: As far as reasonably possible we have indicated the standards covered.