Managing performance well will ensure good service delivery and improve outcomes for those we support. It is important to manage and recognise poor and positive performance in equal measures but addressing poor performance can be far more challenging.
This course examines ways in which this can be done but also looks at how to value and reward good practice within staff teams.
It will explore:
- Managing performance
- Work productively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Planning and managing change within services
- Developing and evaluating operational plans
In addition to the above, group work and discussion will form a significant part of the day and there will be many opportunities for participants to compare strategies they have used or experienced and share these as part of their learning.
Full and half day
Legislative and ethical framework underpinning this session will include reference to and understanding of the following:
- Human Rights Act 1998
- The Care Act 2014
- Mental Capacity Act 2015
- ‘Think Autism’ statutory guidance 2014
- Health and Social Care Act 2012 Caldicott principles 2014
- Health and Social Care Regulations 2014 - Fundamental standards,
- Mental Health Act code of practice 2014
- Health and Safety Act 1974 etc
Participants need to adhere to professional boundaries and to ensure that participants conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.