To give formal and informal carers a greater understanding of bipolar disorder and how their role can assist an individual to manage their condition effectively.
The course will examine:
- Signs and symptoms
- The course of bipolar disorder
- Episodes of mania
- The treatment of bipolar disorder
- The importance of education
- Psychosocial treatments
- Other treatments
- The importance of effective support
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and self management
- Holistic approaches
- Where to get support for the family, the person and the carer
- Discussion of example cases
- Application of theory to practice
- Addressing challenges in the work place
FUNDAMENTAL STANDARDS (CQC) In particular the course will enable the provider to help staff from the service demonstrate training has taken place around: Regulations 9, 10 & 12
CARE ACT 2014 GUIDANCE More specifically enables providers and their staff to understand their duties under sections 1 & 10 of the Act (and their subsections)
MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 – this subject area is woven into presentation and discussion as required during course delivery.
Please note: As far as reasonably possible we have indicated the standards covered.