Managers and team leaders are often busy and often under pressure.
This course offers developing or existing managers the chance to develop their management and leadership style and skills as well as reflecting on their own practice in a learning environment.
It will explore:
- Recognising and understanding different types of management styles.
- The role of leadership as distinctly different to, and complementing management
- The important role of effective delegation
- Providing leadership and direction for area of responsibility
- Emotional intelligence
In addition to the above, group work and discussion will form a significant part of the day and there will be many opportunities for participants to compare strategies they have used or experienced and share these as part of their learning.
Full and half day
Legislative and ethical framework underpinning this session will include reference to and understanding of the following:
- Human Rights Act 1998
- The Care Act 2014
- Mental Capacity Act 2015
- ‘Think Autism’ statutory guidance 2014
- Health and Social Care Act 2012 Caldicott principles 2014
- Health and Social Care Regulations 2014 - Fundamental standards,
- Mental Health Act code of practice 2014
- Health and Safety Act 1974 etc
Participants need to adhere to professional boundaries and to ensure that participants conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.